Friday, July 13, 2018

I told you it was spectacular. Wings's latest, part of his Mona Lisa series, and his tribute to our remaining horse, Miskwaki.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018;
all rights reserved.

I did not expect to be posting this tonight, but Wings surprised me. His latest work has just dropped. I told you that it would be spectacular; I also told you that it would be a return to one of his signature series: The Mona Lisa On the Rio Grande. [For those new to this, no, it has nothing to do with the Tish Hinojosa song of similar-but-not-quite-identical name, which to this day I don't think he's ever even heard; at any rate, he launched this series years before the song ever came out.]

What I did not tell you is that it would wind up being his tribute to our remaining horse, Miskwaki. Here's how:

Photo copyright Aji, 2018;
all rights reserved.

You'll need to go to its entry in the Necklaces Gallery on his site to see close-ups, but believe me when I tell you that it's phenomenal: Red Earth Spirit, a tribute to horse and earth and the fire of color and heart and soul that they hold in common. This one is close to my heart for so many, many reasons.

It should be close to someone else's, too: worn directly over it. Please share the link directly from the entry itself, and if you're interested, inquire via the site's Contact form. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment