Wednesday, July 4, 2018

No sleep, and more complications for Shade. We're going with *our* guts now. Sales, subscribers, and shares all very much needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

Yeah, that one bypassed us last night, too. I'm not hopeful for today, either.

I've had very little sleep for almost a week, and that, plus the constant frustrations of trying to save Shade, plus the massing pain from the continued torquing of my wrist that's involved in trying to save her has me in a seriously bad mood. I'm not up for conversations with anybody, so it's a good thing we don't celebrate this colonizer's day, innit.

We were outside again at 9:30 last night, walking her in the dark. This morning, having passed only one or two small amounts of manure, she suddenly broke out in hives all over the place. It looks exactly like my own hives when I accidentally touch her SMZ meds, because I am horribly allergic to sulfa. We now think that the whole thing might have been triggered by the antibiotics for the liver issue, and we're stopping them immediately. [She's had hives on her right side, which we thought were inflamed fly bites, but this makes it clear what they were all along. Up until now, the Banamine's probably been keeping them mostly at bay, but without enough anti-inflammatory in her system . . . .] At any rate, we are now at a crossroads of fundamental disagreement about how to treat her, and since we have gone against our gut instincts thus far with these results, we're now going to listen to what we feel is right. She's coming off the SMZ completely, we'll administer low doses of Banamine should she start thrashing, and we're going to see if this is a drug allergy off the rails that started all this and (and thus clears up in the days to come). If not, it will be time for hard decisions, but that time is not yet, and we and going to do our best with what we feel is right.

I have no time today for anything; Shade sucked up my entire morning, and I'm already way behind, so it's just cut-and-paste from here on it. We very much need sales and new Patreon subscribers, and since this is early July, if you subscribe today, you won't be billed until August 1st. Here are the links and a request to share them, because without those sales and subscribers, I honestly don't know how we get through this:
I had said that I'd really like to raise another $500 in subscriptions before July is out, just to have a little more to throw to the medical wolves that are constantly at my throat. Now, we've got a lot more that needs to be done, too, and I'm damned if I know how. The truck was more than enough to throw a wrench in the works, but this thing with Shade? And once you're in it, you have to keep going; there's no way out but forward, whatever the result. So please, please share the links. Thanks to everyone who has kicked in on Shade's behalf already; we're profoundly grateful, and we love you all. Shade does, too, even if she can't verbalize it.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment