Sunday, December 22, 2019

Bah, humbug.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.
Four of the seven (? more?) members of the Goldfinch Clan currently here, six months out of season. They're beautiful, and very welcome, but at the same time, I wonder how bad it is that they've decided to stay here, and what it means for the well-being of our tiny corner of the world.

As to the rest of it, I'm decidedly Bah, humbug on the whole thing. It's been a hellish week, culminating Friday in a threat to our lives and those of our animals by someone we spent two years trying to help. And by "help," I mean regular employment, purchases, outright gifts of food and furnishings and supplies and cash. And that was repaid a couple of months ago with two instances of terrible disrespect to Wings, so we simply stopped buying. Sorry, no one has any obligation to buy anything from any particular person, especially when people all over are selling the same thing, and doing a better job of it.  And that, apparently, was enough for the racism and the violence to show itself on Friday. [We've since learned that the person in question, and those surrounding him, are apparently known have long violent histories . . . a fact no one bothered to share with us until now, when it's too late.] It's hard to get in the holiday spirit when you can't even feel comfortable leaving the house without worrying you'll come back and find your horses shot. 

I'm at a very low ebb right now, battling a migraine and running on very little sleep for days, and completely disheartened by everything. I've done without, in very literal terms, to help people who I judged were facing worse circumstances, and this is the result. [And before you ask, no, we did absolutely nothing wrong here. And I'm done. I don't care what your circumstances are, you threaten an innocent animal, and you've shown the evil you are, and we're done.] Anyway, I'm finding it hard to care about much right now, but Wings will have that new piece done later today, so watch for it here in a little while. And given the thousands of dollars over the course of two years that we spent on paying this person for work (that often had to be supervised or redone), buying what they were selling, etc., etc., that all money that could be going to bills now and is not, so we still need to make sales.  This has been one of the worst Christmas sales seasons ever for us, and I don't know how we make it next year. Hell, I don't know how we make it to next week. All the links are below.

For those wondering about those and my other health issues, see here, although now there's a new wrinkle I'm not even going to bother to try to explain (triggered by this year's flu shot and confirmed by my doctor, and suffice to say there's no affording treatment); with regard to the work done and not done on the house, some of the details are here. Folks can help in several ways (I've added some new practical items to the wishlist, including organizers for electrical cords and replacement Thermos mugs; after . . . I don't even know how many years we've had them, the seals on our old ones have quit working), and we really need it now:
Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used 
or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment