Sunday, December 29, 2019

Peeking out at a white world again today.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

Peeking out at a white world again today. The snow was supposed to have moved out overnight, but instead, it stalled overhead, so until a few minutes ago, we had almost five solid hours of new stuff. Talk about a gift.

Also, I'm feeling very much better today than yesterday, well enough to have gotten down both coffee and toast, and kept them down. I might even be able to get a few things done today.

No that the snow has finally stopped and the clouds are slowly lifting, though? Now's when it gets bad. We love the snow; it's the aftermath that's hard to navigate. We're all the way up to a balmy 19 degrees at the moment, but that won't last long; once the winds pick up, as they inevitably will, it'll bring a massive cold front with the kind of crystal clarity of air that send the mercury well below zero. It's unlikely to wait for nightfall, either; the winds were already up late yesterday afternoon, making it dangerous to be outdoors without ears and face and hands covered, too. It's going to make for a difficult week, so I'm hoping we can mostly stay home and in where it's warm. There'll be time enough for all those stresses again in the first full week of January (and yes, they're looming, including the medical stuff). 

And since they're looming, I'm still going to post the links. For those wondering about those and my other health issues, see here, although now there's a new wrinkle I'm not even going to bother to try to explain (triggered by this year's flu shot and confirmed by my doctor, and suffice to say there's no affording treatment); with regard to the work done and not done on the house, some of the details are here. [First of the year, we'll need to snag enough from my Patreon to get the plumber back out (and I've lost a patron in the interim, one who was kind enough to give me warning of changed circumstances before unsubscribing, but it's a big hit I haven't been able to make up). Also, the candles on the wishlist? That's what they're for. There's still a residual smell of mildew in the utility room when it's wet outside, or when the temperature gets below zero. I've used them all up at this point.] Folks can help in several ways, and we really need it now:
Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used 
or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment