Tuesday, December 31, 2019

In the teeth of winter.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

They look like the icy fossilized teeth of same ancient prehistoric creature. Fitting; mid-season, and we are now in the teeth of winter. And it bites.

Below zero again last night, despite a forecast of five above. Whatever they predict, it's virtually always several degrees worse. This is the kind of cold that will literally burn your skin, and so we dress in layers, and make sure ears and fingers are virtually always covered. And we keep both fires going all day. This kind of cold is going to make for a difficult week, so I'm hoping we can mostly stay home and in where it's warm. I thought there would be time enough for all those stresses again in the first full week of January (and yes, they're looming, including the medical stuff), but no they've hit already. Today was mostly errands, and other worries, too. 

And since those are all still looming, I'm still going to post the links. For those wondering about those and my other health issues, see here, although now there's a new wrinkle I'm not even going to bother to try to explain (triggered by this year's flu shot and confirmed by my doctor, and suffice to say there's no affording treatment); with regard to the work done and not done on the house, some of the details are here. [First of the year, we'll need to snag enough from my Patreon to get the plumber back out (and I've lost a patron in the interim, one who was kind enough to give me warning of changed circumstances before unsubscribing, but it's a big hit I haven't been able to make up). Also, the candles on the wishlist? That's what they're for. There's still a residual smell of mildew in the utility room when it's wet outside, or when the temperature gets below zero. I've used them all up at this point.] Folks can help in several ways, and we really need it now:
Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used 
or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment