Monday, June 29, 2020

Cricket can't be alone any longer.

Photo copyright Wings, 2020; all rights reserved.

Yesterday we saw Cricket happy for the first time in . . . well, in what will be four weeks tomorrow morning. No, the dogs have not come home, and after what's been essentially a month missing, we're losing hope. But yesterday, Esiban, the neighbor dog, came over to visit. [I have no idea what her given name is, but that's what we've call her; it means "Raccoon" in my language, for the little black bandit mask around her eyes. She answers to it.] Cricket raced around her in huge circles, literally bouncing with joy, and finally persuaded her to play chase with him. When we left to run our errands, he didn't try to follow us, because she settled down in the shade to stay. 

So. We're officially in the market for a pair of pups, one male, one female, to be his new little sibs. We miss them terribly, too, and it was so nice to have Esiban come bounding up to us, a wiggling little bundle of love, but she has a home (and a mate, and two adult pups of her own). But Cricket can't be alone any longer. [And when I say in the market, I mean we're looking for either a shelter pair or another pair that need rescuing; we don't believe in buying dogs when there are so many already in need of a home.] And if the best possible thing happens and someone turns Chinook and KitFox in for the reward? Well, it still wouldn't be the largest pack we've had here, not by a long shot.

Aside from that, though? Everything's terrible. And the load I'm carrying trying to keep everything balanced and upright is taking a toll by the day. No rain, and none in the forecast, and the ground is dry as bone. No rain of the other sort, either, and I don't know what I'm going to do come July, which is two days off, because forget the well problem, I'm running out of time to cover all of this other stuff. Wings dropped three new and fabulous pairs of earrings a few days ago (and I may have another pair or two to post today, or maybe not); selling all three would cover one quarter's worth of taxes and about a third of the second (and both have to be paid by July 15th). There's also the plumber and getting the flues cleaned. I HAVE to come up with the tax money. That's non-negotiable. I have to bring in $3K in the next few days, or we're screwed.

And by August? Enough to cover the drilling of that damn well, all the pumps and piping, and construction of the well house.

I'm so tired, and I can't conjure money out of nothing. So much stress. So much pain. Just. so. tired.

WE. NEED. SALES. BADLY. So please. The links are here:
[Also, the wishlist is back in force. There are things I absolutely cannot get except through Amazon, and I can't add that stress onto all the others now. It's breaking me.] Please share everything. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment