Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Feets.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

One of the three we call "Feets."  Also "Leggins" [yes, I know there's a "g" at the end of the word, but that's not how we pronounce it]. Look at those fluffy feets. Turns out there are three of them, not two: this one with fairly ordinary plumage colors and patterns, one that is shades of dark gray all over with vitiligo [yes, they can have it, and it manifests as irregular loss of melanin, i.e., nonbilateral white patches], and one that is leucistic, white with red. The feathers on the feet are actually vestigial wings from prehistoric times, a result, apparently, of two specific recessive genes occurring simultaneously. This particular flock has a lot more recessive genes in it than just those, obviously.

Whatever; I need something to entertain myself even mildly right now. I've had exactly two halfway-decent nights' sleep since the first of the year, and I'm functioning daily [or not, as the case may be] on about two cumulative hours' worth per night, spread out in patches of a few minutes here and there, mostly after 6 AM. No, there's nothing I can take that doesn't cause me worse problems. No, it's not a result of caffeine or stress or anything like that; it's pain, pure and simple. And there's nothing I can do about it. I'm a zombie right now, at the point of the year when I most need my brain to be sharp, and it's putting me further and further behind. And yes, that part of it is causing me untold stress.

Things will lighten up in May, presumably, on the paperwork front, at least; probably not much change on the pain and disability fronts. For now, I need to make some sales to cover the coming outlay to a government that would prefer to see us dead. We've got to pay a lot to the Tax Man; thereafter, we both have to pay out a lot on medical stuff for the month of April, and we've had one sale over the last 6 weeks or so. I need help doing thisLinks are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the other ladder and the Bissell vac);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, so now's always a good time to make a purchase. And there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                        

No comments :

Post a Comment