Thursday, March 24, 2022

One tiny bright spot.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

This little visitor hopped onto the sage roots at my feet yesterday and stayed with me for a few moments, one tiny bright spot in an otherwise mostly awful day. We had a high wind warning in effect yesterday, and it didn't disappoint: sustained 30-mph winds with gusts 65mph+. Hideous under the best circumstances, and these are hardly the best circumstances now. Autoimmune diseases are notoriously influenced by changes in weather, but there is nothing, no amount of humidity or aridity, heat or cold, that destroys my joints like wind does. And since I'm mostly running on virtually no sleep at all, it's all the worse.

Yesterday was also a marker for me, a particularly bad one. I'm glad it's over. And I finally got a few hours sleep last night, none of it uninterrupted and nowhere near a normal amount, but something. Which means that I'm feeling slightly more functional today.

Slightly. I'm still a zombie right now, at the point of the year when I most need my brain to be sharp, and it's putting me further and further behind. And yes, that part of it is causing me untold stress.

Things will lighten up in May, presumably, on the paperwork front, at least; probably not much change on the pain and disability fronts. For now, I need to make some sales to cover the coming outlay to a government that would prefer to see us dead. We've got to pay a lot to the Tax Man; thereafter, we both have to pay out a lot on medical stuff for the month of April, and we've had one sale over the last 6 weeks or so. I need help doing thisLinks are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the other ladder and the Bissell vac);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, so now's always a good time to make a purchase. And there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                         

No comments :

Post a Comment