Thursday, March 3, 2022

New boots.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

New boots.

Today was the farrier appointment, and Miskwaki, as always, handled it like a champ. He goes to sleep while getting his pedicure just because he's relaxed. Miika, on the other hand, has to be drugged to the gills to tolerate it.

We were afraid she'd do like Shade and find a way to pry the boots off, but she seems to love them, actually. Probably because she's been in a lot of pain, something we had attributed to the extremes of temperature and weather (common in laminitic horses here this time of year), but it turns out her laminitis is doing fairly well. This is something else.

So. We now have to look at inflammatory response, both metabolic and allergic. It could be that the grass hay, which is basically alfalfa-free but still has timothy and some clover buried in it. is simply too rich for her. Or, it could be that she's having an actual allergic reaction to an ingredient in the LaminaSaver supplement, or a rebound reaction either to its active ingredient or the way it interacts with her Equioxx and Pergolide. So now it becomes a process of elimination, and of titration off the supplement, and it's going to be an expensive hell for a while until we know for sure. Wings went out and bought the last of the pure grass hay we could find in the county, about a dozen bales, so that's a big cost we weren't expecting, but here we are.

And I'm way behind today, as well as on the week. To be able to do everything I absolutely have to get done, I am backing off on everything else again, online and off- alike. I had to reschedule my eye appointment for another six weeks out, because I'm not in a place physically where I can manage two hours down and twos back accordioned into the truck, never mind all the waiting I'll have to do there. I'm not sleeping and that's keeping my pain levels sky-high, and this month is overloaded with obligations as it is.

Also, Patreon patrons: March and April are tax months here, and also medical appointment months, and I am already snowed completely under. I will not be doing daily postings for that period. I'll try to post as often as I can, but I can't in good conscience commit to every day (or every night, as the case may be) when I have all of this stuff hanging over my head. Things will lighten up in May, presumably.

And on top of all of that, I'm still trying desperately to get caught up on a bunch of the things I haven't been able to do these last three weeks, having been so sick with this godforsaken lupus flare. Still need to make sales, though. Today's is brand new, just completed, and there's more work in the pipeline, too, incredible stuff. Links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the other ladder and the Bissell vac);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, so now's always a good time to make a purchase. And there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                     

No comments :

Post a Comment