Sunday, April 10, 2016

Kachina

Photo copyright Wings, 2016; all rights reserved.
Wings gave her that nickname, and she became, thenceforth, our little kachina girl.

I have no idea what name she was given at birth, if any; she found her way to me at about 8 months of age, horribly abused. She was, as near as we could tell, two months older than Griffin, and they bonded immediately. 

I named her Lilith, because if ever there were a female warrior spirit who escaped from bondage, it was her, and heaven knows my fierce little girl was both goddess and demon, depending on whether she thought you would hurt those she loved or not.

The trauma took its toll, and she left us at 4:16 PM on this day two years ago. She's laid to rest beneath the big blue spruce, and I'm about to put cedar out for here there.

I know she's resting in peace, but also power.

We love you, Little Kachina Girl.

All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2016; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.


No comments :

Post a Comment