Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Mapping a World of Fire and Ice

Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.

Now posted at The NDN Silver Blog, it's Wings's latest, mapping a world of fire and ice. These earrings embody symbolism that holds lessons for us today, urgent ones that I find myself taking to heart this morning. They also coordinate with a pair of other works, one a cuff and the other a ring.

The post is here. Wings's main page is here. Inquiries via the site's Contact form. And, as always, sales are much needed, so shares of the site links are much appreciated.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

8 comments :

  1. O.M.G. Jaw dropped here. Those are amazing and make me want to squee with delight over how tiny and cute they are! I confess I never thought about turtles as earrings, only as the larger pieces. I can't get over how delightful those are. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they adorable? Thinking back on it, I really think these are the first turtles he's ever done as earrings. He's done small ones like this that have become pins, but I do believe these are a first.

      Delete
  2. I just need to hit a small lottery so I can get these, and the lapis earrings, and all the other pieces I'm coveting. :-D Definitely going to keep the design in mind for a future commission though; would be awesome to have earrings to go with my necklace. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - he has a pair of oval picture jasper earring cabs that came thisclose into making it into these instead of the snowflake obsidian. The deciding factor was that they really needed settings that were just the tiniest bit larger to look proportional. You want me to stick 'em in a bag with your name on it for future use (even if it's long future)?

      Delete
    2. Ooooh, sounds like a deal. Even if they end up being a little too big for earrings I bet they'd work in a barrette :-D

      Delete
    3. Believe me, they'll work just fine in earrings. :-D All he would need to do is make the settings a tiny bit bigger (we're talking millimeters here; it's a tiny proportionality thing). But if you eventually decide you need a barrette, too, I'm sure he's got something intermediate-sized that would work. I should tell you that these don't have the gray found in your cab, just the banded shades of brown/beige. What they really look like is a pair of sand dunes. :-D

      Delete
  3. Sounds perfect :-D I have a list written down of things I want to commission; problem is that when Wings comes out with new stuff it inspires me to add to the list (OK, that's not really a problem, per se, except in the pocketbook area, LOL). :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. this are just plain gorgeous. I love love love the patterning on the silver. ahhhhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete