Tuesday, July 12, 2016

REAL Groundbreaking

Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.

So, I was up at 4:30 again this morning. That's just what time I got up; I'd been awake for hours already (most of the night, for that matter). The stress of this project is about as bad as the stress of trying to survive as we have been these last five and a half years.

That photo up above? That's what the pad looked like this morning. All the angles clean; measurements perfect; surface tamped rock-solid. Here's what it looks like now:

Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.

They're digging the footer now; I think they'll be ready to pour the slab tomorrow. We are not, as it turns out, going to order the adobes today after all; that's going to wait until Thursday or Friday. Seven pallets of those suckers, trucked up from Alcalde.

I'm supposed to be picking out bathroom fixtures, but I can't even look at that right now — one, because I don't have time, and two, because I'm going to need to conjure another $6 grand out of thin air to make the next stage of the plumbing work happen. Yesterday was just a nightmare of cost and trouble, and I need today to regain a little equilibrium. 

I also need to conjure $6 grand out of thin air.

So please go back to sharing the link to our YouCaring page. I know everybody prefers just hitting the "Like" button on Facebook, but we REALLY need is for you to go to the actual page itself and share using the widgets on it. Also please grab the code for this widget and post it liberally:


We need as many eyes on it as humanly possible.

Oh, speaking of expense? Here's another:

Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.

And, oh, god, here's the electrician with some new crisis, and the rest of my work is delayed yet again . . . .

Gotta go . . . .




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment