Sunday, October 23, 2016

Torchdown in 12.5 hours; windows and doors and plaster (and weather) soon. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.

This work begins tomorrow.

It's not easy work, and there's some risk attached. It's bitumen roofing in rolled form, sealed to the roof with a blowtorch. It's the best option for this sort of construction, sealing water and weather completely out, so that there's no damage to the plaster or the wood beneath it. In a place like this, where the monsoon season is sometimes four months long, and the winters longer still, it's a good investment.

But it ain't cheap. Of course, neither is any other kind of roof these days, and overall, we're pretty close to our original estimate back when we expected that it would be plain sheet metal. But there's a great deal of expense to come, and we need to be prepared for it.

Next up, and by "next," I mean roughly the first of November, will be windows and doors. And "up," I mean they will need to be installed, not simply on order. At the moment, we need to raise another $2K to $3K minimum to give us the breathing room we need to get them ordered, delivered, and installed so that the plastering can commence on time.

And the weather's already changing. They're forecasting rain for Tuesday, and yesterday, I didn't believe it. Tonight, I do — hell, just ask my joints. They're by far the best predictor of a change in the weather I know, better at forecasting than the most sophisticated computer models. I suppose my autoimmune disease has to be good for something, and considering that I've spent the day in full and disabling flare (and considering that there are now clouds accumulating beneath the haze of smoke from a prescribed burn in the area), I would not be at all shocked if we're tarping by Tuesday.

At any rate, expenses are going to be mounting again, and fast. We're going to need another all-out push on shares of our YouCaring page via the widgets provided. Especially helpful is use of the widget code at lower right, which will give you this image:


We also need a push on shares of Wings's main page. We need to reach folks who will be interested in holiday purchases, and for those inclined to commission holiday gifts, lead time is a must. If you're contemplating a special order, the time to get hold of me about it is now, so that he can plan accordingly and have it done in good time for holiday delivery.

Many thanks to everyone who's given us a hand in one way or another to this point. Work starts up again first thing tomorrow morning. I feel like I have not stopped to breathe in weeks, and I don't see that happening anytime soon. We are both going to be buried underneath an enormous workload between now and the end of the year, and my body is not being cooperative about all of this, so please bear with me as we try to push through this big compound stage of work and funding. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment