Monday, October 24, 2016

Work is moving fast, and so are costs and a change in the weather. Shares needed badly.

Photo copyright Wings, 2016; all rights reserved.

This is what the guys spent the day doing: tacking felt to the roof to protect the wood before they start torching the tar onto it tomorrow. Those black rolls in the background? Those are the rolls of BRAI, the torchdown roofing material.

I began my day thinking we had a little more time. Turns out we're going to need to order about $2K worth of materials before week's end, because once this is done, they'll be ready to put the scratch coat on the exterior next week. That means netting, metal lath, and the layer of cement; next comes a brown coat, and then they'll float the finish on. Before they can do the last coat, though, and before they can do the interior, they'll need to hang all the glass (save, perhaps, the front door, which will be wood anyway). Given the way the week's already playing out, the absolute earliest we can get the estimates on the windows will be Wednesday, which crunches our lead time even more.

I had set a mini-goal for myself of $2K to $3K raised by November first. It's now apparent that that will be woefully short; we'll need to raise the $2K before the end of this week, and probably another $3K on top of that between week's end and next week. If we don't? Work halts, and we lay off the guys until we do. And then there's the question of getting them back, if they find something else in the interim to keep the bills paid. We've got enough from recent sales to cover this week's labor. Beyond that . . . ?

So, yeah, I'm starting off my week trapped in a massive bundle of stress.

We need an all-out push on shares of our YouCaring page. I mean ALL OUT. Daily. Consistently. Shares that use the widgets, especially the widget code from the purple box at lower right that produces this:


We need an all-out push on shares of Wings's site, too. Again, daily. Consistently. Preferably with testimonials. And we're fast getting down to the wire on holiday commissions; normally, he's booked pretty solid through the entire month of December, so now is the time to contact me to get your order in the queue.

Many thanks to everyone who has helped us get to this point. I'm going to be wrapped up in trying to get this work wrapped up, at least enough to beat the weather when it comes to closing it in. That means that I will be frantic, distracted, lacking any free time and very, very overwhelmed. We have to push through these phases, get them done, or we're stuck for the winter. The weather has changed rather drastically in the last hour or so (I told you my joints are never wrong), and so we're already going to be scrambling tomorrow. I'll get to what I can as I can, but best to expect me to be barely visible for most of the next several days, at a minimum.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2016; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment