Wednesday, May 17, 2017

More tile; window sills; prep for plaster & septic. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.
More tile. Floyd had to go home sick today, but Gary stayed to work on it. That's the newest stuff up there, and what he'd already done is below:

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.
They'll be going straight up to the ceiling; then the floor.

Meanwhile, Tony and Reynaldo finished off the windows in the spare room:
Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.
It's beautiful woodwork.

Also meanwhile, assorted other problems and irritations, particularly with regard to what people tell me (or don't, as the case may be). I need a break badly — we both do — because between the weather and the wind and the return to winter and the constant demands on our time and attention and the issues and new costs that keep cropping up, we're both beat. 


I don't know what kind of day tomorrow will be. I'm at the point where I'm just expecting problems, because that's what it's been all week long. I have other crap to deal with tonight, and precious little time for anything else, so the rest is mostly cut-and-paste. As I've said previously, there's one caveat WRT to the Lowe's cards: They can be purchased in any denomination, I believe (I think the site said $10 to $2,000). I had to select denominations, though, for the wish list, which is why they're what they are, but people can always change it to a lesser amount. It all goes toward the interior work. Anyway, links are here:
We're okay for a little while longer in terms of cash flow, but that will change all too soon (and soon is  getting nearer by the day; massive payouts this week and next for the two biggest expenses, septic install and exterior plaster). Right now, the best ways to help are as follows: by sharing the link to Wings's site (preferably with a testimonial, if you have some of his work), because sales are gonna keep this thing rolling; and sharing the link to our wishlist (which badly needs updating), with an emphasis on the Lowe's gift cards, because those are what will help us pay for all the stuff that will make this place liveable, like a water heater and flooring and so forth. And if you do want to kick in a few pennies, the PayPal link is here.
I'm given to understand that Karen has made, or mostly made, her moving expenses goal, and that Lauralee has gotten a temporary reprieve from the court. There's another match on for Karen right now, to finish out the moving expenses and, as I understand it, give her a little breathing room for incidentals and maybe a start toward the next phase of what she needs for what I find myself thinking of as her "survival fund." I'm sure Lauralee can also still use the scratch while she makes whatever arrangements can be made for herself, her daughters, and their dog, so her link is here.
Many thanks and much love to everyone. I'm beat, and I have to get back to work. The rest of the week is beyond overscheduled, and I've got to get a little bit ahead of this curve somehow, pain or no.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment