Friday, May 12, 2017

Sanctuary blues.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

So that's the blue. Well, the first blue, anyway. And it's more of a periwinkle. The second one will be darker, with some violet in it, but that comes third; after this is done, I still have the metallic coat to sponge one before I can get to the darker top coat. It'll also be a while before this area is finished, because 1) the stairwell is going to be very difficult to do, and 2) Ice has to come back out and touch up the texturing on the back wall of the stairwell, but he can't do that until Sherm and his crew have finished all the plasterwork around the adjacent vigas. But I'll go as far as I can with it, as consistently as my body permits.

Because that latter issue? That's a thing right now. I had thought that with the warmer, drier weather, the pain that goes with my autoimmune disease would start lessening, but instead, it's getting worse by the day. No, I don't know why. None of it makes any sense, but here we are, and I have no options except to deal with it, so expect me to be slow and spacey until it subsides a bit again.
It's all pretty much cut-and-paste again from here on in. As I said last night, there's one caveat WRT to the Lowe's cards: They can be purchased in any denomination, I believe (I think the site said $10 to $2,000). I had to select denominations, though, for the wish list, which is why they're what they are, but people can always change it to a lesser amount. It all goes toward the interior work. Anyway, links are here (for us, and for the two other folks who need donations far more desperately right now):
We're okay at the moment on [the cash] front (although how long that will last is anybody's guess, given that we're in the final and by far the most expensive stages). So as I said last night, right now, the best ways to help are as follows: by sharing the link to Wings's site (preferably with a testimonial, if you have some of his work), because sales are gonna keep this thing rolling; and sharing the link to our wishlist (which badly needs updating), with an emphasis on the Lowe's gift cards, because those are what will help us pay for all the stuff that will make this place liveable, like a water heater and flooring and so forth.
As I also said, as far as folks in need of immediate help with donations. Lauralee needs help badly right now. So does Karen. Please share their links, and kick in if you can. They're both on much tighter timetables, and there are health and safety concerns at issue for both of them. As I understand it, the $1,000 match for Karen has been met, and so she's most of the way to her moving expenses. Lauralee has had precious little movement, though, and she needs help.
For now, I have to get back to work (and back to juggling everything with regard to the house). I had to meet with Floyd today about the upstairs bath tile, and Sherm and his crew should be back tomorrow morning to continue the plastering. We've got painting to do, obviously (along with 100 other things). Many thanks and much love to everyone. No eagle today, but the Swainson's was back, and at a time like this, the spirit birds have one message: Fight.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment