Sunday, July 30, 2023

All the snow is gone.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

That was this afternoon. For weeks, there's been a single tiny, shrinking patch of white in that ridgeline throat on the right.

All the snow is gone.

That's terrifying.

By now, we should have had enough monsoonal storms both to break the heat and to add to the remnant patches that should be there pretty much 365/6 days out of the year. We're talking elevations of 12,000 feet and more, after all. 

But it's all gone.

When I say our world is dying around us, I'm not exaggerating in the slightest, and the grief is all too real.

I want this month to be over. It's been a terrible month, on top of several other terrible months in a row, and I just need us to get shot of it and start over with August. Except that without one or more sales yet today, August is going to start terribly, too.

I can't keep this up. The stress is killing me. We finally went to the grocery store today to stock up, and besides divesting us of the last of our cash, it also took whatever progress my feet had been making. My pain levels are back through the roof tonight, and besides all the work I still have to do here tonight, I have to go out again tomorrow because they didn't have the last three supplements I need for starting this horrifying new treatment protocol on Tuesday (horrifying because of side effects; if it actually works, it'll be a good thing when it's over, but I won't know for a while, and I'll be stuck here the whole time). 

And somehow, in a summer when no one's buying (we've made one sale in July; one) I have to come up with a way to pay for everything else we're facing, from medical bills to regular monthly expenses to quarterly tax prepayments (and I've missed the first two quarters already, obvs). So I have GOT to bring in some sales. I need to boost my Patreon back up, too; it's down more than $300 a month, and for us, that's much too big a hit, one we can't afford. But I can't even get time to write, and I think I'm going to have to stop posting every single day, because aside from the fact that my health is suffering? I can't get anything else done, and I have to bring in sales.

The other day I posted Wings's newest two works, here, both at lower price points than is usual for him. I also posted his newest gemstone-bead trio a week ago, here. Sales have been terribly slow all year, and . . . the possibility of $25K. I don't have any way to solve that outside of making sales, so I'm begging folks, pleaseAll the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (current priority still the Zero-Odor sprays, because these days we're back to wet dogs again; and the liquid soaps, which we can't get locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                 

No comments :

Post a Comment