Wednesday, July 12, 2023

I feel ya, little guy.

Photo copyright Aji, @023; all rights reserved.

[Note:  This is yesterday's post (Tuesday, 07/12), written then but unable to be posted until tonight because of our latest Internet outage. No, I haven't changed any of the text.]

What a freaking day.

I have no idea whether this will post today or not; we got up this morning, began our morning chores, and sometime between 8:30 and 9 AM, I sat down to log on and get to work . . . and there was no Internet.  No response to a call left, and no response to an online report of the outage, so finally Wings got to a person, but his hearing loss means I have to be the one to deal with it, and I hate talking on the phone with the white-hot heat of a thousand suns (all of which seem to be glaring down on this drought-ridden land here today). They’re insisting it’s on our end.  All I know is that my laptop and the TV (streaming; we don’t have cable) both find the router just fine, but can’t find any Internet beyond it.  

Supposedly they’re sending someone out between 3 and 5, but we know what that’s like from hard experience.  Even if they make it on time, there’s no guarantee they’ll be capable of DX’ing it, never mind fixing it, and for us, every day without it is money lost, because this is our business; this is our work.

Not that anyone there gives a shit.

We also had another big expense I didn’t know about (or rather, I had no idea it was going to be so much), plus I’m having to deal nonstop with the dental group and various IHS offices, and half the time when someone calls, the phone doesn’t even ring because of our signal issues here, so it’s just around and around and around.  And it’s so fucking hot I can barely breathe (complicated by the fact that both my illness and some of my meds make me more prone to heat exhaustion and heatstroke than I used to be).

And Wings walked into the dog run to get it ready for the pups for when the tech got here, and jumped three feet in the air, because he almost stepped on Young Master Bullsnake up there.  Poor dude was just trying to find a cool, shady place, because it was well over 90 here today. I feel ya, little guy.

I don’t know if this will be up tonight, or maybe the end of the week.  No way to tell.  If you’re seeing it, it’s because we’re back up, although not necessarily today, when it was written.  Anyway, this means I can’t push sales, and that’s frankly the ONLY thing I should be doing with my time right now, but no.

The rest is cut-and-paste, because I’m already beat, there’s no respite, and I need to go down some acetaminophen to try to put a dent in this headache (which seems hell-bent in putting a dent in my head, so . . . ).

Because we still have to pay all of next year's quarterly taxes; it took everything we had just to get this year's covered, finally, last month, and there's nothing left for quarterly pre-payments now. Add to that the fact that my Patreon is down this month (i.e., the payout for June on July 1st,) by more than $250, a huge monthly hit that we can't afford, the payment for Miika's hay (she can't have alfalfa and grass is now impossibly costly), and Stormy's upcoming vet visit on top of the dental stuff, and . . . . Storm appears to have developed ovarian remnant syndrome (she's gone into heat almost three years after being spayed), and that will probably involve an ultrasound or a lap right up front, and then either surgery or lifetime meds, and frankly, I'm hoping for the latter, for her as much as for us. But we can't catch a break. Every time I think I have a handle on whatever's immediately in front of us, two or three or four new things pile on.

But the dental stuff is going to be $25k before we're done, and for us, thats all in cash, and . . . $25K. I don't even have words. Or anything else. I'm just numb.

But I can't let Wings go without this dental work; aside from the damage to his quality of life, for a diabetic? It's a medical issue, and two different dental institutions have spent years jerking him around and risking his health and well-being. 

So I have GOT to bring in more sales, NOW. There's a lot of new work on the site already, including Wings's absolutely phenomenal new cuff, which you can see from all angles here (and you want to see it from all angles, believe me). I posted the two new pairs of earrings here the other night, and the new gemstone bead trio is yesterday's feature, here. Meanwhile, he has more silverwork in rotation, too (two cuffs, more earrings. And . . . $25K. I don't have any other way to do this for him, especially with losing Patreon subscriptions at this rate; that's been our only "guaranteed" monthly income. All the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (current priority still the Zero-Odor sprays, because these days we're back to wet dogs again; and the liquid soaps, which we can't get locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                

No comments :

Post a Comment