Thursday, July 20, 2023

Tired beyond description.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

While I was writing today's NDN Silver post, what were a few puffy white clouds turned into something more significant. No guarantees of rain, but it looks like it; there's already a either a layer of mist between us and most of the peaks, or there's wildfire smoke really, really close by now. 

Cut-and-paste for the rest, because I am tired beyond description.  Wrangling Stormy at close quarters for a couple of hours on Tuesday destroyed whatever progress my joints and connective tissue might have been making, which is, of course, what always happens in such situations. Then last night, my jaw dislocated slightly: a sublux, but it's right in the right-side hinge of my jaw, and it's incredibly painful (and yes, I do have TMJ, and no, I cannot afford an ER visit to have them fix it), and I can't open my mouth very far, which means a soft-food diet until it resets itself; and today, of course, is yet another marker. As of about 4:10 this afternoon, it'll be the 16th anniversary of my father having walked on, and considering how tortuous and torturous our relationship always was, it brings a flood of reminders that are not especially welcome, ever.

And then there's all the rest of it right now.

I probably will not be able to have a Patreon after this month. I'm already facing the possibility of not being paid for it, anyway (and, of course, I'm already down $270 from last month, apparently not canceled subscriptions, but not paid ones, either). And I don't have time to devote endless days to troubleshooting something I don't even have the ability to do, and . . . I'm beat. I don't have the bandwidth physically, mentally, or any other way. Something's got to give, and this is fast becoming a bigger burden by the day. 

In the meantime, I have to figure out a way to cover not just regular monthly expenses but next year's quarterly tax prepayments (due this year, obvs), and $25K to fix Wings's multiply-botched dental work. I'm not numb anymore. I'm tired, I'm scared, but I'm not numb. I'm also mad as hell, but that won't accomplish anything, so . . . .

But that means that I have GOT to bring in more sales, NOW. Our Web site hits are down drastically from what they should be in any given month, never mind the middle of the year. This despite the fact that there's a lot of new work on the site already, including Wings's newest trio, one for those who love the blues, just finished yesterday and up here; and his absolutely phenomenal new cuff, which you can see from all angles here (and you want to see it from all angles, believe me). I posted the two new pairs of earrings here the other night, and the new gemstone bead trio featured lasts week, here. Meanwhile, he has more silverwork in rotation, too (two cuffs, more earrings). And . . . $25K. I don't have any way to solve any of this outside sales, so I'm begging folks, pleaseAll the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (current priority still the Zero-Odor sprays, because these days we're back to wet dogs again; and the liquid soaps, which we can't get locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                

No comments :

Post a Comment