Monday, July 24, 2023

Signs of too-early fall.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

So we screwed up when we measured preparatory to putting up his other shade sail (natch). Which, of course, then meant that he had to pull the post out of the ground and re-set it a short distance away. He did that today, which means that he will be able to have shade while using his grinder and buffer (that's what's covered with the yellow sailcloth tarp just over his left shoulder). I'm glad it's done, because the rest of the day is only going to get hotter, and he shouldn't be out in it. 

They say rain on Thursday, but we'll believe it when we see it. Even if it does rain, it might very well do what it's been doing lately, which is to give us a half-dozen drops while it floods the burn scars over in Mora County. That helps nobody. Meanwhile, I'm seeing more and more signs of too-early fall; yesterday actually felt like one of those overly hot mid-September days, completely dry and too bright. The orb weavers are already at the work that usually occurs in October. And, of course, everything's drying up and turning color.

We need rain. Both types. On the plus side, my Patreon is back courtesy of Mark in Support who fixed it for me, and to whom I am incalculably grateful. So we won't lose all of it, although I'm now down over $300 a month on subscriptions, which is a huge hit in itself for us.

I also posted Wings's newest trio on Saturday, linked below, but I sincerely wish we could sell some of our existing inventory. Sales have been terribly slow all year, and I still have to figure out a way to cover not just regular monthly expenses but next year's quarterly tax prepayments (due this year, obvs; that's why they're called prepayments), and $25K to fix Wings's multiply-botched dental work. I'm not numb anymore. I'm tired, I'm scared, but I'm not numb. I'm also mad as hell. Meanwhile, our Web site hits are down drastically from what they should be in any given month, never mind the middle of the year. This despite the fact that there's a lot of new work on the site already, including yesterday's new gemstone bead trio, here. Meanwhile, he has more silverwork in rotation, too (two cuffs, more earrings). And . . . $25K. I don't know when we can get to that, even the beginnings of it (and they're worried about his bite collapsing from the damage from prior dentists, so time matters here in ways we didn't realize). But I don't have any way to solve that outside of making sales, so I'm begging folks, pleaseAll the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (current priority still the Zero-Odor sprays, because these days we're back to wet dogs again; and the liquid soaps, which we can't get locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                 

No comments :

Post a Comment