Friday, July 28, 2023

I'm so tired of watching the world die around us.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Early morning was all blue; mid-morning gave us this. Now, the sky is mostly gray, but still the rain refuses to fall.

And just this moment, the smoke plume has begun to rise again from the same too-near spot as yesterday.

I'm so tired of watching the world die around us. Tired of watching colonialism kill it, and no one lifting a finger to stop it.

Today is chaotic; we've got a lot going on with too many things at once, all of them criminally expensive, and nothing we can do about that, either. We need sales, but no one's buying.

Yesterday I posted Wings's newest two works, here, both at lower price points than is usual for him I also posted his newest gemstone-bead trio on Saturday, linked below, and I sincerely wish we could sell some of our existing inventory. Sales have been terribly slow all year, and I still have to figure out a way to cover not just regular monthly expenses but next year's quarterly tax prepayments (due this year, obvs; that's why they're called prepayments), and $25K to fix Wings's multiply-botched dental work. That, in fact, is the issue I'm dealing with today, but there's no practical solution in sight. It's a medical necessity, not cosmetic, but try convincing this evil system of that. I'm not numb anymore. I'm tired, I'm scared, but I'm not numb; I'm mad as hell. Meanwhile, our Web site hits are down drastically from what they should be in any given month, never mind the middle of the year, and my Patreon subscriptions, our only even slightly "guaranteed" income each month, are down by more than $300 worth, which we can't afford. This despite the fact that there's a lot of new work on the site already, including last week's new gemstone bead trio, here. Meanwhile, he has more silverwork in rotation, too (two cuffs, more earrings). And . . . $25K. I don't know when we can get to that, even the beginnings of it (and they're worried about his bite collapsing from the damage from prior dentists, so time matters here in ways we didn't realize). But I don't have any way to solve that outside of making sales, so I'm begging folks, pleaseAll the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (current priority still the Zero-Odor sprays, because these days we're back to wet dogs again; and the liquid soaps, which we can't get locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                 

No comments :

Post a Comment