Thursday, August 9, 2018

A pig is worth more than I am, just so you know. Sales, subscr — never mind; the hell with everything.

Photo copyright Aji, 201; all rights reserved.

You probably can't tell what you're looking at there, but that's a massive wall of dirt jut down the road yesterday. Wings got caught in it on his way to the hardware store.

I just got flattened by the metaphorical equivalent. I've needed a CT scan for months. It would be nice to know whether I have something that, should it be potentially fatal, could be prevented if caught early enough. As it is, I never know when I go to bed at night whether I'll wake up in the morning.

But a few minutes ago, I saw photos of a 200-lb. pet pig getting a CT scan. Yes, it's a relatively famous one. Yes, it's up in Canada, where they actually have some minimal health-care access for humans, too. Yes, I support animals of whatever kind getting the testing and care they need.

But it sucks to know that, IN THIS FUCKING SOCIETY, my life is worth less than a pig's. And that's where we are.

I am not dealing with this realization (again) especially well. No, there will be no fundraisers. No, I don't want anybody's fucking thoughts and prayers; save it for the goddamn NRA. No, I don't want any shibboleths. I. AM. TIRED. I have spent my whole life fighting just to survive, and when I should finally be able to spend a little time getting caught up, instead, I'm fighting just to keep breathing. 

Everything else will be late today. I'm in no mood for anything. I'm also in no mood for talking, so please don't ask me. I won't be responding. After all, my life is worth less than a pig's.

If anyone's interested, who are the links. I'm not even going to bother.
If I die thanks to this asshole society, I hope Wings gets a massive wrongful death judgment out of it.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment