Sunday, August 26, 2018

Of storms and being perpetually behind. Sales/subscribers/shares all needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

Yesterday's precursor to last night's storm. That one gave us — maybe — two or three individual raindrops, but last night's was a corker. Raven even braved the stairs to join us up in the bedroom of his own volition, and given how much he hates stairs, that's saying something. He hates thunder even more. He never used to be bothered by it, but after we lost Griffin, his whole world imploded. We didn't realize how much he looked to Grif to be assured that all was right, or at least okay, with his world, and Grif was always completely unbothered by any kind of weather along as he was with me (and subsequently, Wings).

I am way, way behind today (and people continue to make me further behind by interrupting me every time I sit down to work, so there's that). Tomorrow may be a chance to find out part of what's going on with my health, or maybe not. No way to tell now, and maybe not even then. But I have to do it.

I am cranky right now, because I feel like crap and nothing ever changes on that front, and also because no matter what I do, I cannot get caught up. Hell, I can't even a get an uninterrupted half-hour to work on a post for Wings's site, much less any other writing for myself. I have no idea whether tomorrow will bring me the ability to get his post done before I have to deal with this other stuff, so don't expect to see me until you see me, and don't expect to hear anything either way, because I probably won't have any more info than you do, and if that's the case, I am guaranteed not to feel like talking about it. The rest is all the usual; we have a mini-reprieve coming, but it's a drop in the leaky bucket of medical bills and expenses.

And nothing improves without sales. Subscribers, too, and it would be nice to place a few things, but that seems not to be happening. But first and foremost, we need SALESAlso subscribers; also shares. We need them badly. We can't do the kind of outlay we were forced to make last week without juggling and shifting and otherwise delaying elsewhere. And none of that even begins to get at what I'm dealing with (and will be for a very, very long time yet). We managed to pay outright on the medical stuff (because we had no choice; it's all cash on the barrelhead), but this leaves us seriously short. So please share the links, because we really need to bring in a lot more to make it through the rest of the season, forget the rest of the year:
That all I've got. My entire existence is focused around chasing sales to pay medical and other) bills, and it's not going well.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment