Thursday, March 30, 2017

PAINTING! And shares still needed, natch.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Yes, I'm back at it. Finally. It took some juggling of supplements and so forth, but I've had more energy the last two days than the last six weeks combined. Not fully back yet, especially since the last six weeks were only the culmination of five and a half months of being sick, but I'll take what I can get right now. 

It doesn't look like I got very far today, but given the other demands on my time, I actually made some decent headway; all the walls in the closet (it's a walk-in) are done, and I got some experimentation done on some scrap drywall that tells me what I want to do with the ceilings. All of the painting is in artisan finishes, which means multiple colors layered in a specific manner. The master bedroom will be backed by the same charcoal that formed the base color for the bathroom, and it will utilize the same copper, but instead of the white, the top coat will be turquoise. The photo above, of the closet interior, looks lighter than the gray actually is; it's so rich that when the turquoise is backed by it, the blue develops a depth like velvet. If it works the way I think it will, it'll look like our monsoonal sunsets.

More tomorrow, and while it'll be a lot more ceiling and wall space, it'll go faster now that 1) we've settled on ceiling color, and 2) Wings will be able to lend me a hand for a few hours. If it goes as well as I hope, I may get to the copper on Saturday.
  • Wings's PayPal account, for donations to the house fund (out of a current $30K goal, we've as of this moment raised $2,535 since last Monday, leaving a balance of $27,465. If that link doesn't work, it's tied to his e-mail address: wingsoftaos [at] newmex [dot] com.
  • His Web site, for sales (always preferable, and the base upon which the whole project hinges anyway, along with paying our day-to-day living expenses) — and just by the way, he's got some really incredible new works up now.
  • Our Amazon wishlist, which contains Lowe's cards that will allow us to purchase some materials more cheaply than here in town, and also allow us to divert the extra funds to labor costs.
Tomorrow will be more labor, flat-out and as fast as we can. Thanks and love to all of you who are helping us keep going.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment