Saturday, March 18, 2017

Painting photos, finally, but a long way to go. Site shares needed.


Photo copyright Aji, 2017;
all rights reserved.

Well, we did get some painting done today. Not as much as I wanted, but there are never enough hours in the day for everything else we have to do, either, and neither of us is operating at full capacity physically yet. [No, the photos are not from my laptop, which is still mostly borked; it finally occurred to be to take them via the tablet and upload them from the flash drive. Never mind how long it took me to figure out that process, nor the fact that by tomorrow, I'll have forgotten how I did it.]

Wings finished the priming, which consisted mostly of edging in the small bedroom, open area, and stairwell. The open area (which, thanks to the change in the stairs vis-a-vis the blueprints, is essentially a whole other room) is what you see in the photo above. He also re-rollered a few sections of the walls where the primer didn't coat properly over the texturing. It was late in the day, we were both exhausted (and sick even if we wouldn't know it for a few hours yet), and the light was already getting dim when we more or less finished off the priming last month. Today, in morning sunlight, the differences were visible, and they're all fixed now.

While he was doing that, I was finishing off the second color coat in the upstairs bath:

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.
That's from the doorway on the east side, looking north and west (the south wall is going to be tiled for the tub and shower). It's hard to see the colors clearly, but they show up a little better on the walls to the northeast side of the bathroom:

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.
What you're looking at is a base coat a semi-gloss charcoal color on all [painted] walls and the ceiling, with a sponged on/sponged off second coat in metallic copper that lets the charcoal show through. Tomorrow, if all goes as planned, I'll be putting the third (and hopefully final) color coat on: a sponged pearlescent white that will allow both the charcoal and the copper to show through in a randomish pattern. Yeah, I know, it doesn't sound like what most people would want in a bathroom, but It's what I wanted to tie together the colors of the tile and fixtures and cabinetry. Wings loves it already, so that's all that matters to me.

I had planned to start the master bedroom this weekend, but given that it will also consist of specialty finishes (they all will), we decided that it's better to wait until next Thursday, when the crew is off again. These require a lot of attention within relatively short time frames so that the paint remains workable and you don't wind up with visible start and stop lines, and so there's not much sense in starting it tomorrow afternoon and then having to stop for three full days. Besides, as tired as I still am, my relief at an enforced slower pace outweighs my irritation at being so far behind.

We've got a lot going on this week in other respects, as well, and we start hemorrhaging money again as of Monday, what with the addition of the third crew member and the need to buy the materials for the plasterwork. I'm going to be tied up for much of Monday on other things, and so I may not get to the new Y/C page (hell, I may not get to it for several more days). But we can really use shares of Wings's site to promote sales, and he's got several new and spectacular works on it (including the fabulous earrings I posted this morning, one of my new favorites, and a child-sized work that I'll be posting tomorrow). Shares of the wishlist are helpful, too.  

I'm going to be way, way behind for at least the next week, and probably a few weeks yet. Please bear with me while I try to get a little bit caught up; I'm dealing with an immense amount of pressure from a great many sources right now, several unrelated to the house, and I'm not yet fully enough recovered to be able to keep pace with it all.

Thanks, everybody.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment