Saturday, March 10, 2018

A sweet little kit fox, a friend in need, and a lot of bills piling up fast. Sales and shares badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

Look at that sweet face. That's Kit Fox, the little male red-tick mix. You can tell where his name came from. He's so shy and so sweet, so polite and so happy as long as he's with us. They all got fed today, some multiple times. Next week, I give shots to as many as I can snag.

I way overdid it today. River couldn't come to help out, which meant that I was out stacking wood and helping move the ATV (as in pushing it), along with a bunch of indoor stuff. River's mom is not doing well at all (she has cancer, and it's moving fast), and he's trying to help her. Poor kid just turned sixteen, and is carrying way, way too much, so we have to figure out how to help them now, and it's going to be difficult. I'm in the middle of cooking dinner right now (home-made tacos and Spanish rice), and I still have other work yet, and I'm also very, very tired and sore, so the rest is cut-and-paste.

I'm beat. The last two weeks have been marked by constant episodes, scarily so, and I haven't had time to deal with any of it because I've been too busy with Wings and his health. He's doing better today with the med adjustments we've made, thank all that's holy. As I said last night, now, if I could just get my own medical issues under control, things would go a lot more smoothly. Unfortunately, that's kind of hard to do when no one knows what's causing it. The chest pain has been absolutely brutal all week, and yesterday's episode left me very scared again. The sensation of dying is not a pleasant one, even when it's not something, apparently, that's actually happening; it only feels like it. And I've been kept so busy all day that I've had no time even to look at the new platform

The overall goal is my $25K+ in emergency medical bills, but for now, I'm trying to raise an initial $1,700 to take care of two specific bills: the local ambulance and one hospitalist's fee. We're $145 of the way toward it. I really, really need to start getting these taken care of (the stress of it is adding to my health problems now). A caveat: I have a lot of kinks to get worked out yet, but PayPal is now theoretically linked to the progress meter on the site. I say "theoretically," because I've just discovered that I apparently have to set up at least one other page to make the subscription "purchase" possible. Eventually, if you subscribe via PayPal (it's a monthly thing like Patreon), it will show, although for now the only way to do it is to hit the PayPal "Subscribe" button. I'm hoping to get that figured out and fixed tomorrow. I also need to figure out how to pin it to the main page, so for now, the only way to access it is here. Please share this link around on social media and elsewhere. I really do need to raise the rest of the $1,700 as fast as possible, because there are thousands' worth of hospital bills stacked up behind it. It also means that we need sales and I need to get my subscription platform up and running (and you can still subscribe via PayPal even now). So here are the links: 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (not death, only dormancy);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's & my medical bills);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of food for the half-feral pack;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.

Please check out the new platform, share the links, get your friends to participate. I've got a long road ahead of me, just in terms of diagnosis and, I hope, eventually treatment. Being able to pay off the medical bills will go a long way toward keeping me as healthy as possible in the meantime. Thanks, everybody, from both of us.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment