Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Harvest, improvements, a little sleep. A day-long episode, and more bills. Sales/shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

That's Wings in the foreground on the left; at about the center, that small figure is She-Wolf checking everything out. Obviously, she's feeling better. She was the subject of that effort, too; Wings was harvesting mullein root, which we rinse, dry, and grind into powder and mix with her wet food and kibble in the morning. It's good for the bladder, and has some anti-tumor properties, and we've been giving it to her consistently for a month or more now along with her others meds.

It's been another day of going nonstop (although admittedly, my "nonstop" is a lot slower than it was a few months ago). I finally slept last night, a product of sheer exhaustion, and instead I've had the horrible episodes all day today. Which is fine; it's easier to distract myself in the daytime than it is in dark of night. But I still have to fix dinner and do several other things yet tonight, and I've got a lot more on my plate for tomorrow, so the rest is the usual. Oh, and another dunning letter today from the hospital in Albuquerque, so I need to get cracking on figuring out the platform and raising subscriptions. Here's the rest:

The overall goal is my $25K+ in emergency medical bills. I've been trying to raise an initial $1,700 to take care of two specific bills: the local ambulance and one hospitalist's fee. We're $145 of the way toward it. Those are now covered (thank you, thank you again); along about Wednesday, I'll be writing out the checks for them. The next goal is going to be the cost of the ambulance when they transferred me down to Albuquerque, which is $2K. That's the next phase of all this with regard to the new platform. Then I can turn my attention to the really big ones, which are the hospital bills themselves (Lovelace in particular is going to bad, because, well, cardiac cath). A caveat: I have a lot of kinks to get worked out yet, but PayPal is now theoretically linked to the progress meter on the site. I say "theoretically," because I've just discovered that I apparently have to set up at least one other page to make the subscription "purchase" possible. Eventually, if you subscribe via PayPal (it's a monthly thing like Patreon), it will show, although for now the only way to do it is to hit the PayPal "Subscribe" button. I'm hoping to get that figured out and fixed tomorrow. I also need to figure out how to pin it to the main page, so for now, the only way to access it is here. Please share this link around on social media and elsewhere. I still need to raise the $2,000 as fast as possible, because there are thousands' worth of hospital bills stacked up behind it. It also means that we need sales and I need to get my subscription platform up and running (and you can still subscribe via PayPal even now). So here are the links: 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (a gift, and who we are);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's & my medical bills, and now Wings's too);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of food for the half-feral pack;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.

Please check out the new platform, share the links, get your friends to participate. I've got a long road ahead of me, just in terms of diagnosis and, I hope, eventually treatment. Being able to pay off the medical bills will go a long way toward keeping me as healthy as possible in the meantime. Thanks, everybody, from both of us.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment