Saturday, March 31, 2018

More tests and bills skyrocketing by the day. Sales/shares/etc. still needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.
Even the worst week can be made better with flowers. Especially when Wings surprises me with them. He had to run into town for half an hour this afternoon to pick up a couple of things at the hardware store and a couple other errands. While out and about, he ran into an elderly man selling single long-stemmed roses practically for a song. He chose a red, a yellow, and a yellow tipped with red (no, I have no idea what their various names are), and he made my whole day.

Last night, I'd removed the puppy items from the Amazon wishlist because of their bloodthirsty behavior. Unfortunately, it's not really their fault; it's the fault of their ostensible [asshole] humans who have let them starve their entire young lives. And given that they've spent most of the last two months here every day, it's been breaking my heart to have to run them off every time they turn up. Wings, too. So we've decided that we're going to expand the chicken run substantially and keep the girls in it, and then the pups can come over here to eat (and sleep) safely. The chickens already have a great deal of space: The coop is actually our old hay barn, with a wooden structural coop built inside it; there's an opening in one corner for them to go outside in a big area behind the barn, fenced with ProPanels and chicken wire. But they're used to being truly free-range, so if they're going to have to stay locked up, we'll need to expand the fenced area for them quite a bit. It's not ideal, but it's the only thing we can think to do for now. The pups are clearly heartbroken, and neither of us can take the guilt from their expressions. Anyway, this is all by way of saying that the puppy stuff is all back on the wishlist again (and if anyone wants to give She-Wolf a hand in her cancer battle, the puppy pads are actually for her dog bed; we're going through them like crazy).

So, yeah, it's been a terrible week. Last night, I had another really, really bad episode. There's no predicting them, and all I can do right now is ride them out. The next step, apparently, will be a series of CT scans down in Santa Fe, but that's nowhere near scheduled yet (and we'll have to pay when I show up for them, so they're going to be delayed for a while). On top of the constant expense for our medical issues, I have not managed to make a single sale all week, and I sure as hell can't write for the new site because it's not functional. So I'm posting the links again tonight, in hopes that folks will share them, and maybe someone will be inspired to buy some of Wings's work, at least. Here they are:
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; another almost $400 for Wings this week);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for She-Wolf;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.
Last night I said that since my blood pressure had been sky-high most of the day and that painful dead weight in my chest even heavier than usual (thanks to dead chickens and a stranger twice Wings's size putting his hands on him twice), I was going to try to avoid anything really unpleasant happening with my health right then. Obviously, that didn't work; the episode was bad enough that I spent essentially the whole night on oxygen and praying that I wouldn't need to do anything else. The lack of answers, the stress, the financial pressure is killing me. We both need the space to heal, at least to whatever extent, in my case, turns out to be possible. So please spread the links around, because I have got to generate some regular income somehow.






All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment