Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Need to hire help with the platform. Shares and sales very much needed. A little less stress would be nice, too.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.
The winds remain terrible, so I focus on things the color of the sky.

Early today, mostly because I'm so terribly overloaded. Last Monday turns out not to have been the end of things, nor even Wednesday; now comes the period of adjustment with his meds, and we're having to do it ourselves. I hate this system. On top of worries about, you know, me not kicking it in the middle of one of these daily episodes, there's this, too. We're both carrying a lot right now, for ourselves and for each other, and we're both completely exhausted.

Part of this is by way of explaining why there's no progress on the new platform. Unfortunately, I've been forced today to accept that there will be none, ever, unless and until I can find someone trustworthy and experienced in IgnitionDeck installs to finish it for me. My autoimmune disease long ago eroded my cognitive abilities in ways I really don't like to contemplate, but since this thing, whatever it is, in November, my brain just simply cannot function in certain ways any longer. This is one of them. I can get technical support until the cows come home, but if I do not have the ability to grasp it and execute it (and I do not, not remotely anymore), it does me no good whatsoever. So if you know of someone who meets the above specs who would be available to do this remotely, I'm looking to pay someone to do it. [Yes, I'm still compos mentis enough to realize the irony in having to pay somebody to set up this particular platform, but I have no choice in the matter. It has to be done, and it won't get done until I can find someone to do it for me, and I don't believe in trying to get people to expend their talent and skill for nothing.]

All this has depressed me further than I already am (and with what's going on with me health-wise, that's already been bad), so I'm not really up for much right now. It takes a concerted effort (and an exhaustive one, in both senses of the word) for me to get the bare minimum done each day. I've already shot past that on several levels yesterday and today, and tomorrow will be more of the same, and I've got to conserve what limited energy I have. So here's the cut-and-paste WRT the crowdfunding platform and everything else:

The overall goal is my $25K+ in emergency medical bills, but for now, I'm trying to raise an initial $1,700 to take care of two specific bills: the local ambulance and the hospitalist's fee. We're $145 of the way toward it. A caveat: I have a lot of kinks to get worked out yet, but PayPal is now theoretically linked to the progress meter on the site. I say "theoretically," because I've just discovered that I apparently have to set up at least one other page to make the subscription "purchase" possible. Eventually, if you subscribe via PayPal (it's a monthly thing like Patreon), it will show, although for now the only way to do it is to hit the PayPal "Subscribe" button. I'm hoping to get that figured out and fixed tomorrow. I also need to figure out how to pin it to the main page, so for now, the only way to access it is here. Please share this link around on social media and elsewhere.

Tony's coming by on Thursday to spec out what remains to be done on the house. Because of the cold (colder now than most of the winter, actually), the guys probably won't actually resume work until April, but for now, they'll figure out the order of things and what will be needed in terms of materials. In the meantime, I've still got a pile of medical bills that need to be handled, which means we need sales and I need to get my subscription platform up and running (and you can still subscribe via PayPal even now). And She-Wolf has another follow-up tomorrow (she has bladder cancer). So here are the links: 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (trying to brighten my own mood);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's & my medical bills);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.

Please check out the new platform, share the links, get your friends to participate. I've got a long road ahead of me, just in terms of diagnosis and, I hope, eventually treatment. Being able to pay off the medical bills will go a long way toward keeping me as healthy as possible in the meantime. Thanks, everybody, from both of us.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment