Thursday, March 1, 2018

So, IKT tanked my platform launch. There's a post on it, though. And sales/shares needed, obviously.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.
Gatekeeping of a different sort.

It's been . . . a day. It started out with the window people showing up early this morning — a whole day early, with no warning — and knocking off our entire schedule for the day. On top of that, they didn't even have enough of the replacement weather stripping for the crank windows, nor, apparently, any idea how to fix the stripping on the double-hung window downstairs. Yes, I went over this all in excruciating detail with their bosses several weeks ago (again). Yes, they're going to be getting an irritated message from me.

The bigger problem was that someone allegedly cut a cable south on the other whole side of the mountain, and of course IKT was down from around noon to an hour and a half ago (and until a few minutes ago, still not really "up"). Which torched my whole platform launch. And yes, it is their fault, because their mouthpiece let it slip that they didn't have their redundant systems up and have had to spend today trying to bring them online. Which means, of course, that they're NOT REDUNDANT, people, if they don't kick in when a line a whole mountain away gets cut.

So here I am, far too late, trying to get the day's stuff all up. The platform is not precisely launched, because I couldn't do any troubleshooting all day long, and of course it's not working now. So I simply replicated it as far as possible in a regular post, and that's all I can do for now. I'm going to need the next three days uninterrupted to fix this mess, and of course that will never happen.

I have to take my meds and get at least a little sleep, so here are the links: 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (project launch);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's & my medical bills);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.

This day has not been good to my illness(es). All I can do is force myself to breathe as much as possible, and try to ignore all the little weirdnesses that keep nagging at me, insisting that there's something very wrong. I mean, we KNOW there's something very wrong. I just hope that someone finds it in time to fix it. For now, I'm out for the night, what's left of it.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment