Friday, March 2, 2018

Healthier puppies. Crowdfunding platform launch for medical bills. Sales and shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.
That right there is Velcro Girl. Yes, girl, not boy; there are two red-tick cow dog/pit mix pups, and the smaller one is definitely male. I saw what I thought was this one lifting its leg by the bird feeder, but it must have been her brother.

She is still starved, and scared, and fierce when she feels threatened (and perhaps not pit/whippet at all; she has the distinctive outsized head of a presa canario), but she is completely devoted to me and follows me everywhere now. And, as you can see, while she's still far too thin, she's not at death's door now. Name still undecided; she has one ice blue eye and one ambery-brown eye, but the blue is by far her most arresting feature, so I suspect she might become, simply, Blue. She answers to anything and everything and nothing at all, just attaches herself to us like a shadow, so it's not a big deal at the moment.

The smaller ones virtually live here now, and Crow has spent all but one night for the past week in She-Wolf's doghouse. She is also the best watchdog we've ever had; nothing gets by her and her booming little outsized bark. ::Sigh:: they all think they live here now, and the household hasn't adjusted yet to having so many dogs running around again. Meanwhile, Shade has been showing some signs of impaction colic for the last week; the vet's apprised, and she has us monitoring and dosing her with mineral oil. Fingers crossed that she won't need to come out and tube her.

On the plus side, I finally, after much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, got my crowdfunding platform launched on my site! The overall goal is my $25K+ in emergency medical bills, but for now, I'm trying to raise an initial $1,700 to take care of two specific bills: the local ambulance and the hospitalist's fee. We're $100 of the way toward it. A caveat: I have a lot of kinks to get worked out yet, and one of those is the one that links PayPal to the gauge on the site. If you subscribe via PayPal (it's a monthly thing like Patreon), it won't show yet. I'm hoping to get that figured out and fixed this weekend, with current subscriptions added in manually to show on the site. 

I'm in the middle of fixing dinner right now, and I also have a lot of other work to get done tonight. This weekend will be spent on catching up on a LOT of chores that I've had to let slide all week. So here are the links: 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (I have to remind myself that this is what winning is);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's & my medical bills);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.

Please check out the new platform, share the links, get your friends to participate. I've got a long road ahead of me, just in terms of diagnosis and, I hope, eventually treatment. Being able to pay off the medical bills will go a long way toward keeping me as healthy as possible in the meantime. Thanks, everybody, from both of us.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment