Sunday, March 31, 2019

Light is for other people right now.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.
Beautiful light last night. Snow now, on what is, as I've noted elsewhere this morning already, the locally-official first day of spring, which is marked by the first call of the meadowlark. They say up to four inches are possible, but I'm betting on nothing more than a slight dusting.

Bitter cold, though, made all the more obvious by comparisons to the highs in the seventies of the week just past. Good day to stay inside by the fire, not that I have a choice in it anyway. I seem to be relapsing with this bug, and my autoimmune pain is completely out of control. Add to that the tax stuff that is completely bedeviling me right now, and I'm going to be tethered to work all day long, pain notwithstanding. Light is for other people right now.

Meanwhile, everybody still wants their money. The tax man, the hospitals, it's endless. I shelled out for a follow-up with my doc a few days, plus the monster bill for my inhaler; Wings has an appointment this week, and I have more 4-figure bills to pay on top of the tax stuff this week, too. I'll have another bill coming this week or next for the second biopsy, and then another bill (or maybe two) for the reading of it. We have no answers yet, including no answers as to what almost killed me twice 16+ months ago. And whatever the outcome with this, I still have more testing to undergo related to that. Next goal is paying off the hospitals from that mess, which comes to more than $30K just between the two of them, and they dun me daily. We need to make sales, and toward that end, there will be more items to come: I've already posted two non-jewelry items by Wings's clan brother on Friday; two new pairs of earrings by Wings last night; and a half-dozen pairs of the butterfly earrings by Wings, each with different stones (the jade are already spoken for, but that still leaves amber, rainbow moonstone, amethyst, denim lapis, and blue turquoise) coming up probably over the weekend or early next week. And I need to pay both medical and tax stuff this coming week, so here are the links:
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until April 1st for March);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff, with the kibble back off it, because Wings can't lift the boxes right now with his shoulder;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've added two or three new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need.
All we want, to be able to have some confidence in making it through the whole year with whatever they're going to find going wrong in my body, is to make some sales. That's it: sales; nothing else. The stress is constant, and it's telling. Good vibes for Raven are needed today especially (he's still hanging with us, and I need him to be safe while we're out). But we all could use some, too, me most of all. We all could also use some help with sharing Wings's site (and testimonials, if you got 'em). Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment