Friday, March 29, 2019

Storms in the offing.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

The last round of vaguely stormy skies, from two nights ago. Highs have been in the seventies the last two days, and while our own trees are not leafing out yet, in town, everything's suddenly flowering (and our allergies with it). We're just enough higher out where we live that ours are always the last to bloom. When we were in Albuquerque the first time two Wednesdays ago, the trees were all already pale green there, but nowhere north; by our second trip three days, the green had spread north of Santa Fe to Alcalde and Velarde. Now, the town of Taos and El Prado. Ours may be a bit delayed yet, though, given that we're supposed to get rain-turned-snow tomorrow and a lot ore snow on Sunday.

Today, the wind is howling, as forecast. Still no real evidence of winter storms in the offing, but plenty of other varieties, both health- and cost-related. Plumber's bill yesterday for the immediate leak, but there's that whole damage-in-the-wall thing lurking. I also had forgotten until almost the end of the day yesterday that I needed to pick up my inhaler refill; a different pharmacist waited on me, and nearly fainted when he saw the price. It's still pushing $200, even with the discount card they've kindly entered into the system next to my name. Then today was a follow-up with my regular doc, and Wings has one with her next week. Still waiting on biopsy results, and word on whether I'll need surgery (and possibly more) or not.

Meanwhile, everybody still wants their money. The tax man, the hospitals, it's endless. I have another appointment with my regular doc tomorrow, which means cash on the barrelhead. I'll have another bill coming next week for the second biopsy, and then another bill (or maybe two) for the reading of it. We have no answers yet, including no answers as to what almost killed me twice 16+ months ago. And whatever the outcome with this, I still have more testing to undergo related to that. Next goal is paying off the hospitals from that mess, which comes to more than $30K just between the two of them, and they dun me daily. We need to make sales, and toward that end, there will be more items to come, and soon: two non-jewelry items by Wings's clan brother coming up later today; and a half-dozen pairs of the butterfly earrings by Wings, each with different stones (the jade are already spoken for, but that still leaves amber, rainbow moonstone, amethyst, denim lapis, and blue turquoise) coming up probably over the weekend or early next week. And I need to pay both medical and tax stuff this coming week, so here are the links:
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until April 1st for March);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff, with the kibble back off it, because Wings can't lift the boxes right now with his shoulder;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've added two or three new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need.
All we want, to be able to have some confidence in making it through the whole year with whatever they're going to find going wrong in my body, is to make some sales. That's it: sales; nothing else. The stress is constant, and it's telling. Good vibes for Raven are needed today especially (he's still hanging with us, and I need him to be safe while we're out). But we all could use some, too, me most of all. We all could also use some help with sharing Wings's site (and testimonials, if you got 'em). Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment