Sunday, March 24, 2019

Riding out the storm.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

Two days ago — riding out the storm. As you can see, Raven does not detest Chinook and Kit nearly as much as he would have them (and us) believe, although he does maintain that constantly-exasperated look of an older brother. Cricket refuses to go into the studio unless it's empty of human occupancy; he was riding out the thundersnow in one of the four doghouses.

Partly cloudy today, and much warmer. We're not supposed to get heavy weather again until the latter end of this week, after we'll have returned from Albuquerque, so I hope the forecast is right. As much as I like winter, I'm looking forward to warmer weather again, partly so I don't have to bundle up so much, and partly so I can quit looking so pale and sickly.

Speaking of sickly (odd, that; despite my worsening pain and fatigue and the issues I've been battling going on 17 months now, I don't feel "sick" in what I tend to think of the usual sense of that word), and of riding out the storm, the medical expenses will begin climbing again in a couple of days with the second biopsy. All of it means more travel, more pain, more enormous costs. As I said, depending on what it shows (and that may not be settled for a while, depending on how much drilling down they need to do on the cell samples), there is still very much the prospect of a lot more of all of those things to come, particular the expense. [There's also the prospect of increased risk and, shall we say, a less than optimal outcome, but I'm not letting my brain go there now.]

And it all comes down, as always, to money. We're still paying off last year's taxes even as I'm spending this weekend buried in this year's. I'll have another bill coming next week for the second biopsy, and then another bill (or maybe two) for the reading of it. We have no answers yet, including no answers as to what almost killed me twice 16+ months ago. And whatever the outcome with this, I still have more testing to undergo related to that. Next goal is paying off the hospitals from that mess, which comes to more than $30K just between the two of them, and they dun me daily, so here are the links:
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until April 1st for March);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff, with the kibble back on it; we gave several of our existing bags to a local disabled vet with a starving rescue dog who needed the help;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've added two or three new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need.
All we want, to be able to have some confidence in making it through the whole year with whatever they're going to find going wrong in my body, is to make some sales. That's it: sales; nothing else. The stress is constant, and it's telling. Good vibes for Raven are needed today especially (he's still hanging with us, and I need him to be safe while we're out). But we all could use some, too, me most of all. We all could also use some help with sharing Wings's site (and testimonials, if you got 'em). Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment