Monday, July 27, 2020

Fall is here, and I'm up against a wall.

Photo copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved.

Fall is here, and I'm up against a wall.

We've had a little rain of both sorts, but we still need help, and I'm out of time. And by help, I specifically mean sales. The year's been frankly terrible and it's only getting worse, but we're up against it right now. We're officially our of the red, but while the taxes and some other must-pays have been covered, I still have to get the last two biannual bills off us before month's end (which means sales need to clear our bank before Friday). And that means I have two days left, max. We're still about $1,000 away from getting clear of this damn month, and the month ends on Friday. I have to pay this stuff before then, which means I need to bring in a grand's worth of sales by tomorrow, Wednesday at the very latest, to have it clear the bank.

And right now, I can't do it.

Look. Things are different here. Our cultures are different. We don't hoard, and when we have it to share, we do that. I told the story here Friday of where our last $5 went; you can read it here, if you want. And no, I wouldn't change what we did. The fact of the matter is that every time we share what we have in the moment, it might keep one more person or family housed another month, or lights on, or food on the table, or a doctor's visit covered or a scrip filled. If you have $5 to give (or $50, or $500, or $5,000) give it to the folks who are unhoused. The ones without a roof. The ones without food. The ones without clean water to drink and a place to shower. But if you have spare cash for purchases, and you're planning on buying gifts for yourself or others? I'm imploring you to consider Wings's work now. He's got some gorgeous new work posted.

New piece just the other morning, here. Two brand new and purely phenomenal works from the other day, here. Lots of other new works, too, cuffs and earrings and one new necklace. But all of this falls entirely on me; I'm the one who has to make it all work, and I'm up against a solid brick wall of deadlines and dates and expenses. So please. Share the links; they're here:
[Also, the wishlist is back in force. There are things I absolutely cannot get except through Amazon, and I can't add that stress onto all the others now. It's breaking me.] Please share everything. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment