Friday, July 3, 2020

The land is burning up.

Photo copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved.

Finally, a dragonfly. That was yesterday; the day before, I caught momentary glimpses of two other large species (one each), flying past. I'm hoping that means rain, but so far, despite the big buildup of clouds already today, we've gotten not a drop.

Of course, what that means is that even though Gabe just finished baling, Wings already has it all loaded, stacked, and covered. How?  This fucking drought. Fifteen bales (yes, that's 15, one-five) out of a set of fields that used to yield well over ten times that. And that's not even counting the other fields that, taken together, would give us between three and four hundred bales per cut.

This is what's happening here, and it's killing us. The land is burning up. This is why we need the well.

And there's still all the rest of it. The load I'm carrying trying to keep everything balanced and upright here is taking a toll by the day. I don't know what I'm going to do now that it's July, because forget the well problem, I'm running out of time to cover all of this other stuff. Wings dropped three new and fabulous pairs of earrings a few days ago and another Monday night; selling all four would cover one quarter's worth of taxes and about a half of the second (and both have to be paid by July 15th). There's also the plumber and getting the flues cleaned and the Web site host and now the hay. I HAVE to come up with the tax money. That's non-negotiable. I have to bring in $3K in the next few days, or we're screwed.

And by August? Enough to cover the drilling of that damn well, all the pumps and piping, and construction of the well house.

I'm so tired, and I can't conjure money out of nothing. So much stress. So much pain. Just. so. tired.

WE. NEED. SALES. BADLY. So please. The links are here:
[Also, the wishlist is back in force. There are things I absolutely cannot get except through Amazon, and I can't add that stress onto all the others now. It's breaking me.] Please share everything. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment