Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Nothing's cooperating.

Photo copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved.
Nothing's cooperating: not the weather, not the wind, not the pollen, not basic sleep, and certainly not my pain levels.

That was the wind. It tore through here suddenly just before 5 PM yesterday, and it upended that huge heavy trunk that Wings uses for his vise for his heavier silverwork. That thing is MASSIVE; it took two strong guys (Wings and another guy) to move it into place when he set it up a long time ago. That red rag-like thing in the background on the left? That was his shade umbrella, which allowed him to work in this kind of 90+-degree heat and also in the blinding light year-round. Not anymore. It's torn to shreds, and unfortunately, it was a good one, one we can't afford to replace right now.

Meanwhile, I'm on Day 2 of essentially no sleep: Night before last, I didn't drop off into a fitful mix of half-sleep and waking until after 5 AM yesterday morning. Last night, nothing until after 4 AM this morning, and I slept just long enough to dream that our dogs had returned, that Chinook had been shot in the left hind leg, but was otherwise essentially all right, and that they had both gotten free and found their way home. Of course, I woke up at that point, and also of course, they're not home. And my pain levels are completely out of control now. The absolute worst thing for autoimmune disease is lack of sleep, and this happened three times last week and now two days in a row already this week. A little of it's the stress, but mostly it's the grass pollen and ragweed pollen two months early and the inability to breathe and the constant, unending physical pain.

But speaking of stress, I paid the first quarter taxes Sunday night. There goes my Patreon, which pays the monthly bills and expenses. And we have extra bills this month, because July, so half-year stuff comes due, including vehicle insurance and the Web site hosting fees. We're having to pay for a load of gravel this week to shore up what the guys never got to, because it's becoming a safety and maintenance issue. And I still can't pay the fucking 2nd quarter taxes that are due in eight day, OR the chimney cleaners, OR the plumber, OR OR OR. The depression has settled in thoroughly now and I am buried under it, and an avalanche of physical pain, and this week has started off like hell and I'm just done.

Oh, and the well. By August. Because there's no rain. I forgot. My stress levels are second only to my pain levels right now, and I can't think straight.

WE. NEED. SALES. BADLY. So please. The links are here:
[Also, the wishlist is back in force. There are things I absolutely cannot get except through Amazon, and I can't add that stress onto all the others now. It's breaking me.] Please share everything. Thanks.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment