Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Markers and memories aren't what they used to be.

Photo copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved.

Gabe dropping the hay, such as it is, yesterday. It wasn't all that many years ago that we used to get well over 300 bales of top-quality alfalfa, grass, and mix, literally the best hay in the county. Now? We'll be lucky to get 30 out of it; I'm guessing between 20 and 25. And it's one more thing to pay for, because we can't afford to let what is there burn up in the fields.

Wings's birthday today; the birthday of the blog on his site, too (as well as the sixth anniversary of the site's relaunch). Six years. It seems such a short time for the entire world to have gone to hell so thoroughly around us. Markers and memories aren't what they used to be.

And it has. No rain; pandemic; Nazis running the show; death around us on all sides. And the load I'm carrying trying to keep everything balanced and upright here is taking a toll by the day. No rain of the other sort, either, and I don't know what I'm going to do now that it's July, because forget the well problem, I'm running out of time to cover all of this other stuff. Wings dropped three new and fabulous pairs of earrings a few days ago and another Monday night; selling all four would cover one quarter's worth of taxes and about a half of the second (and both have to be paid by July 15th). There's also the plumber and getting the flues cleaned and the Web site host and now the hay. I HAVE to come up with the tax money. That's non-negotiable. I have to bring in $3K in the next few days, or we're screwed.

And by August? Enough to cover the drilling of that damn well, all the pumps and piping, and construction of the well house.

I'm so tired, and I can't conjure money out of nothing. So much stress. So much pain. Just. so. tired.

WE. NEED. SALES. BADLY. So please. The links are here:
[Also, the wishlist is back in force. There are things I absolutely cannot get except through Amazon, and I can't add that stress onto all the others now. It's breaking me.] Please share everything. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment