Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Down to the last of the light.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

We didn't get home until nearly 8 last night. By then, the moon as up, and the sun was down to the last of the light.

I caught that light in the spaces between the poles, and it's much more than a metaphor right now. I'm caught between two places, and I won't know where I'm going to end up for at east a couple more weeks. I could not just have an ordinary scan with ordinary results: yeah, something not great, but easily identified and thus an established mode of treatment that could be getting under way. Oh, no. As always, my body has to make everything as difficult as possible, and so it is that I find myself between either absolutely the best-case scenario, or absolutely the worst-case scenario, no middle ground possible. If it's the former, the medications they've now put me on should tell us within two weeks or so, and that will be that. If it doesn't work, then it's something that gives me at best a 40% chance of still being alive five years from now.

Yeah.

Meanwhile, they're scheduling more tests, because even if the meds work? It apparently still doesn't mean that the other isn't lurking underneath. It's a mindfuck and a half, and no, there's nothing anyone can do right now, unless it involves promoting our site and helping us make sales. That's literally the only thing that will help at the moment, because I'm probably looking at more than $2K out of pocket for this next round next week or the week after. I already got hit with another couple hundred yesterday that I wasn't expecting, because initially they wanted me to talk to a surgeon last night, then decided it could maybe wait until today, then sent me elsewhere yesterday instead. And that's just the initial bill for that visit; apparently, they're sending me another one for more, and I have no idea how much. For now, I'm exhausted and I hurt everywhere, having been poked and prodded and squished and smushed and had my body contorted into all sorts of out-of-place shapes, and certain parts feel positively battered and extremely painful now. And yes, I'm scared. On both fronts, medical and financial. I can't afford the travel, for one, never mind the treatment protocols or the surgery.

So we need sales. SalessalesSALES. That's it; that's all; that's everything right now. Please, I'm begging folks:  Share our links, and if you're in the market, keep Wings's work in mind for purchases. He'll have one or two new pieces out soon, too, possibly as early as the end of this week.

I'm skipping all the rest of it because I'm tired, and frankly I don't have the focus right now for anything else. Links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are LaminaSaver for Miika [she's set until August] coffee & metal/glass/dishwasher cleaners);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                

No comments :

Post a Comment