Tuesday, May 18, 2021

If ever I needed to open up the flow, it's now.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

I finally have my pot rack hung, which means that I have a lot more space in the kitchen to organize things. It's only taken almost four years. It's not a wagon wheel, it's a weir wheel, which is perfect in so many ways. Very old; cast iron; used to open the flow of the water upstream (at least back when there was water to bring down, which hasn't been the case for a long while). It's no longer needed; there's a more modern valve up there now. But Wings never got rid of the old wheel, and it was perfect for this. 

And for this week (and next), too. Because if ever I needed to open up the flow, it's now.

Tony and Nano are working on some other things that have needed doing for a long, long time, and Nano recommended a different plumber to us. He came out this morning, spec'd the stuff we need done most immediately, and will be here early tomorrow afternoon to get started on it.

Which means I need to make some more sales, to cover that and still be able to cover what's coming next week.

As I said yesterday, I talked to the imaging folks first thing yesterday morning, and their earliest opening is next week, meaning that I have to sit here on pins and needles for more than a week before I know anything. They decided just based on my phone conversation with them yesterday that they would need to do the extra imaging. They have also promised to knock 50% of the cost right off the top if I pay the whole thing in cash up front, so that's what's going to happen, by hook or by crook. Which means sales.  I have part of it covered, but I need to make sure I can do all of it, AND also take care of the repairs we're having done here this week.

Besides which, if  the scans come back the way all the evidence suggests they will? Survival is going to be a whole lot more expensive than that. Yes, I'm scared. On both fronts, medical and financial. I can't afford the travel, for one, never mind the treatment protocols or the surgery.

We need sales. SalessalesSALES. That's it; that's all; that's everything right now. Please, I'm begging folks:  Share our links, and if you're in the market, keep Wings's work in mind for purchases. 

I'm skipping all the rest of it because I'm tired, and frankly I don't have the focus right now for anything else. Links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are LaminaSaver for Miika [she's set until August] & metal/glass/dishwasher cleaners);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                          

No comments :

Post a Comment