Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Sometimes, it's your own.

Photo copyright Aji, 2012; all rights reserved.

Sometimes, you gotta be really brave because others' survival depends on it.

Sometimes, it's your own.

Coming sideways at the hawk seems easy by comparison right now, but I still wouldn't want to tangle with its talons. There are other talons digging deep into me right now anyway, and I've got to deal with that before almost anything else.

As I said, I talked to the imaging folks first thing Monday morning, and their earliest opening is next week, meaning that I have to sit here on pins and needles for more than a week before I know anything. They decided just based on my phone conversation with them that they would need to do the extra imaging. They have also promised to knock 50% of the cost right off the top if I pay the whole thing in cash up front, so that's what's going to happen, by hook or by crook. Which means sales. I have part of it covered, but I need to make sure I can do all of it, AND also take care of the repairs we're having done here this week.

That involves Tony and Nano working on some other things that have needed doing for a long, long time, and the new plumber. Not "new," exactly; his dad, who owned the business while he was alive, went to school with Wings, so even though he didn't know the son, there's still a link there. The guy seems to know his stuff, and we both got great vibes from him. He came out yesterday morning in the pouring rain, spec'd the stuff we need done most immediately, and will be here early this afternoon to get started on it, while Tony and Nano will be back to measure some stuff that needs repairing.

Which means I need to make some more sales, to cover that and still be able to cover what's coming next week.

Besides which, if  the scans come back the way all the evidence suggests they will? Survival is going to be a whole lot more expensive than that. Yes, I'm scared. On both fronts, medical and financial. I can't afford the travel, for one, never mind the treatment protocols or the surgery.

We need sales. SalessalesSALES. That's it; that's all; that's everything right now. Please, I'm begging folks:  Share our links, and if you're in the market, keep Wings's work in mind for purchases. 

I'm skipping all the rest of it because I'm tired, and frankly I don't have the focus right now for anything else. Links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are LaminaSaver for Miika [she's set until August] & metal/glass/dishwasher cleaners);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                           

No comments :

Post a Comment