Sunday, July 17, 2022

Enough to do some good.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

A little rain late yesterday. More than few drops; enough to do some good.

Now, if only I could summon enough of the other kind of rain to do some good.

Out of order today, in the hope that he has the next in his Elementals series finished by day's end. No guarantees at this rate; it's just constant disruptions and derailments all around. Having not been able to fall asleep until about 6:30 this morning (because of my pain levels), and being up an hour and a half later, I'm not going to be particularly tolerant of demands on my time today.

And I'm still irritated about the electrician, who will allegedly be here tomorrow and who will charge us an arm and a leg. The last week has been hellishly expensive for us, with more to come. Thanks to the earth-moving costs (stuff that's been in the works for a while but we could only now make schedules align, for the purposes of preventing more erosion and  keeping the floppy-eared monsters from tunneling under the fence) and the annual chimney-cleaning costs, we're $800 [cash] lighter in the wallet than we were Wednesday morning. 

I also have to make a gigantic expenditure on a certain type of silver for one of Wings's projects, an honor gift, and right now, I don't have it (and by gigantic, I mean four figures' worth). I have no choice but to cancel my pain therapy appointment for me next week, and I'm not sure when I can reschedule; as of this month, my Patreon is down by $300, and I don't expect to be able to make that up, given that everyone else is also in tough straits courtesy of the pandemic and this crappy economy (which would not have been nearly so crappy if they'd done the right thing in the first place and locked down to prevent pandemic spread and mutation, but they'd rather control employees' every moment and move just on authoritarian principle). So it's back to flogging sales as constantly as possible. Wings has several other new pieces in the works, and I posted the first the other night, here (and you do want to click through and see it from all angles). It's a cuff, and it's pricey but it's also amazing. As to the rest, given our workload this week even now, I don't know when they'll be finished and ready to post. I need more time, more hours in the day, fewer interruptions, and I know I'm not going to get any of them, but anyway, all the links are here:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the other ladder and the Gorilla tape);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, Nah, we've given up on the well. No one's available to drill before the latter half of summer, and the tax burden means we would never be able to afford it anyway. But it's perhaps even more of a good time to make a purchase, because Uncle Sam is a vindictive colonizer, and my current stress levels about paying it all are off the charts. And there's lots of fabulous work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                            

No comments :

Post a Comment