Friday, July 15, 2022

I promised a new cuff by Wings, and I always deliver.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

I promised a new cuff by Wings, and I always deliver . . . even if it is a little later than it should have been (i.e., last night). This is Beneath the Surface, and it's extraordinary — a tribute to the Water Serpent, and to the worlds we usually never see, because they require us to go searching for them. The cuff is heavy-gauge sterling silver (would be 9-gauge in sheet silver; in half-round I think it's something like 4-gauge), with twenty-four deep scoremarks filed freehand into the top and wrapping all the way around the cuff. On each hammered end, a square of lapis lazuli of a truly archetypal blue, halfway between cobalt and indigo. And above each bezel, an upward-pointing arrowhead overlay, with simple directional and flowing-water stampwork.

Trust me, you DO want to click through and see this one from all angles; it's an old traditional vintage-style piece, and it's phenomenal. You can read its full description here. Wings's main page is here. Inquiries via the site's Contact formWe will still need to make consistent sales to make it through this third year of pandemic and loss and ever-climbing costs. This week alone, we've had a bunch of long-delayed maintenance requiring heavy cash outlays, I still have to order some really costly silver for him to do a specific commission, and I've already had to cancel my next pain appointment, so shares of the site links are much appreciated.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner. 

No comments :

Post a Comment