Friday, December 16, 2022

Fitting end to a terrible week

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

Just a faint dusting, but followed by a north wind bringing a bitter, brutal, dangerous cold.

Fitting end to a terrible week. FedEx is STILL jerking us around; I have not been able to leave the house all week long, and this is day five of having to be on constant alert while having the dogs locked up in here with me far too much (because we have to leave the gate open and we can't risk them getting out onto a busy highway). They have no intention of delivering it, and this is just making sure I lose a week's worth of work and my life for having called them out on their misdelivery/theft of the other order sixteen days ago. I will never, ever see this package, and Epson, almost as bad, will never refund it, so I'm out $112 cash, more than half a month in lost time, and all the endless work it's prevented me from doing.

Then there's Venmo.  They are illegitimately holding onto nearly $2K in funds from a purchase the day after Thanksgiving. STILL. No response other than the automated bullshit.  the customer has had the item for three weeks now. We have NOTHING to show for it. They verified everything immediately; this is just pure greed and bad faith on their part. But we're not in a position to go without almost $2K in payment for a high-end piece.

The pain is murderous now, especially with this cold, and my symptoms are out of control; the booster set my immune system on fire YET AGAIN, and here we are. But it's the financial issues that are keeping me awake at night. I'm still trying to keep all the balls in the air right now, because if they come crashing down, everything shatters. And I've still got to get us out of this month and this year in one piece, and I can't do that unless our sales rate increases dramatically and immediately (except, you know, it's a week to Christmas and we're out of time, so apparently this year is going to end with us in a very big hole). Nothing else matters (to the outside world where these things have to be paid, and so I have to behave accordingly).

All the links are here; please, share them, too:

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, a lot of it new, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                             


No comments :

Post a Comment