Tuesday, December 27, 2022

What *is*.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

It has been a day of extraordinary skies, masses of lenticular and Kelvin-wave clouds everywhere, along with a cold iridescence around the light. We're supposed to get snow starting in the early hours of the morning (like 1 AM), and I hope they're right about it continuing all day. As always anymore, though, you can't believe it until you see it.

It's also been a day of pure exhaustion; my hip joints were so bad last night that I literally could not sleep for the pain. Nothing works. I finally dropped off about 8:40 this morning and got up a half-hour later, at 9:20. And I only acceded to that because I didn't sleep more than five minutes at a stretch all night, and those episodes were hours between.

So I've been operating all day on . . . what? less than a single hour's sleep overall. Which is mostly why everything's late; insomnia destroys my ability to concentrate enough to construct a sentence. Of course, so does pain, and that's been abominably bad for the better part of a week now. But I've managed to get the basic posts done (or will, shortly); got laundry and dishes done; wood brought in; vacuuming done; some photography of Wings's work done; and made bean soup with green chile and garlic for dinner tonight. I wonder how much I could get done if I actually ever felt human.

But that's apparently out of the question now. All I can do is try to navigate what is, and yes, I know I'm doing a shit job of the acceptance part, but I'd like to see anyone else do better on that score. But we're down to the wire, and there's still endless work to be done in terms of chasing sales; January is always a bad month financially (January and June or July, one- and twice-yearly stuff that can only be handled then), so we also need to bring in more income now anyway. This year, though, it's more urgent than that; we didn't make enough in sales to cover what I needed to cover in prepaid taxes, so I still need to bring in about $5K in sales for that before the end of the year, and I don't see that happening in the next couple of days. Dealing with what is, indeed.

Which means no respite from the stress that attends it all, either. And with my autoimmune disease rapidly worsening, it's making everything that much more difficult now.

All the links are here; please, share them, too:

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, a lot of it new, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                             

No comments :

Post a Comment