Saturday, December 24, 2022

No, I'm NOT feeling Christmassy, why do you ask?

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

Icy slopes in miniature. It's what remains where the snow slid off the hay barn roof and froze solid, then melted and refroze in an endless cycle. In theory, there will be more snow to fall on it beginning next Tuesday or Wednesday and running into the following week, but as always, we'll believe it when we see it. These days, our only truly endless cycle seems to be drought.

Christmas Eve, and I'm late on everything. It's been one of the hardest holiday seasons we've ever had, complicated by the pandemic, of course, but also by . . . well, everything. I cold barely walk yesterday (and today's not a whole lot better), but I had to be out and about yesterday regardless. I have a to-do list for today that I'll never get through in time, but that's the way things are now. I have had less than zero bandwidth for anything for months now, and it just keeps getting worse. We need time to rest and recharge, but we won't get it. And that's another endless cycle that's damaging not just us, but the rest of the world. The pandemic presented it wit an opportunity to heal, and of course, colonialism chose death and destruction instead.

No, I'm NOT feeling Christmassy, why do you ask?

And there's still endless work to be done in terms of chasing sales; January is always a bad month financially (January and June or July, one- and twice-yearly stuff that can only be handled then), and we need the respite between Christmas and New Year's to gear up for all that, but we also need to being in more income now. 

I'm also hoping that we don't need to leave the house again until well after Christmas, but the financial issues are still keeping me awake at night. I'm still trying to keep all the balls in the air right now, because if they come crashing down, everything shatters. And I've still got to get us out of this month and this year in one piece, and I can't do that unless our sales rate increases dramatically and immediately (except we're out of time now, so apparently this year is going to end with us in a very big hole). Nothing else matters (to the outside world where these things have to be paid, and so I have to behave accordingly).

All the links are here; please, share them, too:

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, a lot of it new, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                             

No comments :

Post a Comment