Saturday, April 25, 2015

Comic Relief

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.

He follows me around, hoping to score some more kibble. 

When I feed the dogs, I put their dishes atop a huge chest-high wooden box where Wings keeps big tools and supplies; it's like having a table to work on. This morning, I'd put the dogs' food in their dishes, then stepped away for a moment to put She-Wolf's supplements away. I turned around to see this guy perched on the edge of Raven's dish, horking up a huge beakful of kibble mixed with wet food.

Now, it's not as though I don't leave them a little kibble every day, right on top of the box. After all, they were here first, and they're not exactly wild; they've sort of domesticated us to their needs. And it's not as though I hadn't already placed their little pile atop the box, too.

But no. He has to swipe the wet stuff.

So I yell at him from the studio door, advising him to stay in his lane and eat his own, not Raven's. I head back to the box to get their dishes, pick them up, put them down on the ground in front of each dog.

I straighten up, and lo and behold, atop the box is a big clump of kibble mixed with wet food, right where Raven's dish had been only seconds before, and Magpie sitting atop the post throwing shade.

He brought it back.

Yes, Raven got it. But I gave the magpie family a little extra tonight.






All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment