Wednesday, April 8, 2015

On the Winds

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.
She was back today, this time with her mate, swooping and wheeling on the winds. They vanished behind the cottonwoods across the road before I had time even to think of getting the camera.

It was only the briefest glimpse, just after we returned home from a half-day's worth of errands that culminating in picking up a collection of seeds at the nursery. We'll need to plant very, very soon.

While wandering the nursery grounds, a mourning cloak fluttered by on the wind, right past my face once, twice, three times — past me from behind, turning to pass me from the other direction, then reversing course yet again and continuing on its way. For me, mourning cloaks have been visitants and harbingers both, and so one's insistent attentions leaves me unsettled. I think it is too late for it to be the latter; I hope I'm right. What I need right now is reassurance, not remonstrance. Or worse.

Seeing the red-tails thereafter feels like encouragement, especially since the one that first showed itself to me, for however brief a moment, was the female. My Thunderbird counterpart, inspiration, guide.

The winds have howled all day; they continue apace tonight. Tomorrow promises more of the same, which means that I need to be up and out of doors early.

I'll be looking for the red-tailed hawk.






All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment