Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Eight Years.

Photo copyright Wings, 2015; all rights reserved.

At a little after one in the afternoon.

Every year at the exact time, I put cedar where her ashes are scattered. I had to do it early this year, because at a little after one, we were at the hospital radiology department.

MRIs are done. It took an hour and a half; three hours total at the hospital; four hours before we got home. Now we wait for results, and see what they'll do about Wings's knees.

Meanwhile, I have a crowdfunding page to launch tomorrow morning; we have a house to try to get built; we have what promises to be a harsh and early winter to get through. Changes coming, big ones.

We'll need BearGirl's spirit along the way. 

Eight years, and I still miss that little girl like it was today.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

2 comments :

  1. Strength and sorrow. October used to be one of my favorite months. Now the ghosts are more real and invoke the pain of separation. Cobalt's birthday is coming up, the first since we've lost him, and it promises to be a rough month here too.

    The two boxes I got out the other day should be coming out to you, rather than the post office box, and were slated to arrive tomorrow, supposedly. You were right, I had to fight with the post office to get them to admit you even exist.

    Waiting eagerly for the crowdfunding page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I was just thinking about little Cobalt yesterday morning, probably because of BearGirl. Yes, it's gonna be a hard month; I'm sorry y'all have it coming up like this. I hope you feel his spirit around, like we do with BearGirl occasionally.

      As to the address, LOL. I told you. I can't count the number of times people have said to me, KNOWING that I'm talking about shipping to my own home, "Are you sure you have the right address? It must be wrong." It's a numbered state highway, FFS.

      Oh, and the crowdfunding post is now immediately above this one. here's the direct link: https://www.youcaring.com/wings-and-aji-443147. Thanks, hon.

      Delete