Friday, September 4, 2015

How I Know It's Real

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.

Midday yesterday. I was in the shower again, sluicing off the scent of horses and sawdust after muck duty. 

Wings came running indoors, calling my name.

"Aji! I think your grandpa's here!"

Now, to understand the full import of this, you have to understand that he actually refers to my great-grandfather, a man who walked on a hundred years ago and more.

A man I've been writing about in recent months.

A small fierce man named in our way for the small fierce raptor above.

A raptor who has returned to this place after a six-year absence, only on the days when my spirit needs sustenance.

Wings knows, and understands. And the excitement and joy in his voice when he said "your grandpa's here" is why we are bonded in spirit in a way I will never be able to reduce to mere words.

It's real.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment